DML has provided highly valued
community laboratory services to the greater Auckland region for
over 70 years. We operate from a state of the art testing facility
in Ellerslie and hold IANZ quality accreditation in all
disciplines including our 12 Collection
DML has tertiary (highest) level
compliance with the ACC "Workplace Safety Management Programme"
As a member of the Sonic Healthcare
Group, DML has access to a wide range of medical and technologcal
resources in pursuit of our high service standards.
Our staff is committed to a service
ethic whereby we aim to maintain the highest standards of
professional and technical excellence and adhere to a stringent
code of ethical medical practice.
Our pathologists and staff
encourage doctors to contact them for information and advice at any
time. We are always available to support doctors in their clinical
What services does DML provide?
District Health Board Funded Services:
DML is contracted by the Auckland District Health Boards to
provide fully funded services within the greater Auckland region
- Patients referred by Private Specialists
- Patients referred from Fertility Clinics
- Private Surgical Hospitals and Clinics.
- Rest Homes and Aged Care facilities.
National Cervical Screening Programme
We are the largest provider of
cervical screening in New Zealand using the validated
ThinPrep® method. Screening is a fully funded service for the
testing of cervical cancer and HrHPV (high risk human papilloma
Other Medical Testing Services :
DML provides a comprehensive range of commercial services
- Immigration and Visa requirements
- Pre-travel checks and vaccinations
- Travel Medicine clinic
- Non-residents: All testing available (patient to pay)
- Pre-employment health checks
- Workplace related health checks
- Tests ordered by alternative health providers such as
- Clinical Trials and Surveys
- Patients who wish to self-request tests
- A consultative haematology service
Our services are designed to be
easily accessible to our referring doctors.
- We have specialist pathologists in all of the major disciplines
- Our comprehensive range of routine and priority pathology tests
are tailored to the needs of clinical practice.
- We offer a rapid turnaround of results.
- We endeavour to assist our patients by operating 12 fully
accredited specimen collection centres in the greater Auckland
- Our service is supported by an extensive courier network,
providing frequent and timely services to our doctors.
- We are committed to technological excellence in all areas, and
to that end utilise a sophisticated and specialised IT system
incorporating electronic report downloading.